Sunday 20 January 2013

A post just like that

How come, childhood is the most cherished part of an individual's life?Is it because the sheer innocence a person has during that time ?

Off late I have been thinking a lot about the past years. There was a decade change which I was fully aware of as I was a teenager/adult during 2000's. A transformation from being a teenager to an adult. And the decade before ,1990's I was school going.
I was born into middle class Christian Family in Angamaly where the sole bread winning member was my father.Even though my father's family was rich and influential in that area,we dint benefit from that much. He always got treated secondary by his own family members.But my mother's side was different.They were everything that my father's family was not. As children, we spent our summer vacation at my mother's house and us and our maternal cousins grew together. Those fights with them,quarrelling , getting mad each other but always making up at the end of the day . Cousins, like someone said, they are the friends what we get by birth. 

Numerous weddings that I have attended of my cousins,second cousins, my father's cousins.I tried remembering the very first wedding I attended. I have four distinct memories of which I guess 2 of the weddings were in 1989 and the other  2 wedding's time line I don't remember. I should ask my mom about it.
When I was pregnant with my son, I craved my mom's breakfast like anything. School time she used to make very tasty peas masala and we used to have it with Bread.Somehow my in-laws are not very fond of green-peas but I made sure that I ate it though what I made dint come upto my mother's original taste.

I am feeling very homesick and should visit my home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment