Saturday 6 December 2014

A Dream Come True- Chemban Vinod Jose

I have been wanting to pen down something about my brother for a long time. The feeling got severe ever since his Malayalam movie 'Sapthamashree Thaskaraha' announced to be a major hit.  And the success was followed by another hit which is 'Iyobibnte Pusthakam'. It is very painful fact that I could not get to watch both the movies yet.  As of now I am waiting for the DVD release.Blame it on  the fact that 'Me residing in Adelaide,Australia' .

Yes 'Chemban Vinod Jose' is my elder brother.  We are 3 siblings  Vinod ,Deepa & Ullas. Ever since I can remember I can relate to his passion for movies. I have a vague memory of him taking myself to watch the  Hindi movies  'Sholay' and  'Dance Dance'. Considering the fact that ,Angamaly did not have 'Releasing Centers' it should be somewhere in 1988 or 1989. Our 'Amma' had gone to visit her parents in the nearby town and gave myself to 'Chettan' to take care of. (I call him as 'Chetta' and all my cousins call him 'Vinodetta').He wanted to make use of the time and took me as well to watch the movie.

And the repercussions of watching 'Sholay' with him was funny .I was Baldev Singh at home . My hands were tied , my brother enacted cutting my hands. Lol :) . And the songs 'Agaya Agaya' and 'Zooby Zooby' still lingers in my ears.

He was active in the 'Alter Boys' in the church and he won prizes for music competitions ,That was in his teenage years.My brother and I too have danced together for various church activities. 

Years went by. The passion for movies also grew with us. Almost everyone in our family are movie maniacs. But the passion in my elder brother was deeply engraved than us. Most of my cousins & we 3 siblings  moved to Bangalore for studies.

He only introduced myself to the World Cinema. I watched 'Kwaito Tsotsi' , 'City Of God' and 'Ameros Perros' with him.

He got his break through the famous Director 'Lijo Jose Pellissery' the son of noted actor 'Jose Pellissery'. They were friends from Bangalore. I too even knew Lijochettan through my brother.
Finally they made it through one of the major hits in Malayalam Movie Industry  'Amen'. 

My whole point  writing in this Article is to let know everyone that I am very proud of him.
Here attaching a picture of us which was taken during my Engagement. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment