Thursday 17 December 2015

Ho Ho Ho!

Yes, its that time of the year where almost everyone I meet is in festive spirits wherein me myself is in the heights of that. Time to rewind back and check if the year has been good to you. Or rather if everyone is been good to you or vice versa  or even better if you have been good to yourself.. :)
Christmas is finally here. :) Decorations   and  Christmas songs everywhere. I personally check on my friends around the world to find out what they  have been up to. Oh yes whomever I got in touch with have been good. Thanks for that...

2015 was good to me. My first job in Australia and all  .. been good so far..

When i think about the old times of celebrating Christmas the plum cake comes to mind which my mom's  mom gifts us every year. After celebrating it in our own home we usually  head to Grandam's place the next day. She would have bought  a plum cake from the near by bakery for us.I have been to so many countries and have tried their best cakes but sadly nothing matches up to the taste of that cake. This year when I ate Panatone i thought it would  be somewhat same as  what I felt while  eating her cake , but in vain.I tried in the local German bakery too. Next time I visit her place(sans my Grandmom as she is no more) I should try and find out if that bakery is still running.


In my Grandmom's place the Christmas star would be placed in a mango tree which used to be in our courtyard . As far as I can remember the star was always red in color or gold.The inner peace I used to get while staring at the star while spending time with my cousins there.. aah  What a Bliss!!!

That reminds me of my cousins... Our cousin gang  consisting of mostly males and  2 of us girls. I still remember how my elder brother used to fool us 2 girls in the early days of playing cricket. Like when I was may be 7 years old and my cousin sis was like 10. While playing cricket I would most certainly be the opening batsman and my cousin sister  the second. With no surprise to us we would mostly be clean bowled in first ball or the second. That was the tactics employed  by the captain so that then both of us girls would field religiously after getting out in the proper way and be honored to be in the opening line.  We didn't question our captain until we grew up to be clever enough to understand his captaincy tricks.Sometimes I attribute that male nature in me is because I grew up with these morons... ahhaha

These cousins of mine.. accompanying them everywhere.. climbing trees.. jumping into ponds.. Playing war.. Playing cards.. Assuming our dog as a horse and riding on him..(the dog almost bit me once).

My primary and high school was a girls only school . That dint help me subside this excited nature in me why because I was  my friends'  protector and taking care  of them from  eve-teasers  from the near by boys' only school and replying back to these guys in the same coin. 


Almost the same atmosphere while doing my graduation.4 girls and  36 guys in my class.Coming to think of it , i was never a girly girl.. If at all I decided to be slient like  a girly girl would normally be , it would be treatd as  sheer arrogance by my friends and  not as the silence which a pretty damsel usually  have. I tried it quite a few times but failed miserably. hahahaha

Off late its almost the same when I go clubbing with my girls and  I cant drink cuz I need to drive them back or I need to have a watchful eye around so that no problems occur to us whatsoever. Not that I am complaining of it, but at times I do think if someone was there to take care of me so that I could care less .

Ouch!! the topic has drifted apart from the original topic  as I intended it to be.
 

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. Stay Blessed!
See you all in Next Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment