Friday 13 February 2009

Dr. RajKumar the Legend

It was way back in 2000 .

I just came to Bangalore to do my studies.. totally a new culture for me since I was in my hometown Kerala for the first 18 years of my Life..

Joined for Bsc Micro Biology in St Anne's College Millers Road , Blore.
Left that college, thats a diffrent story though :)

I used to Stay in Indira Nagar in a Hostel , since my brother's friends also were staying there .

So the trip to the college everyday morning and eveninn in a BMTC bus was simply amzing!!

Now being a student , if u get a buss pass for a month u save considerably an amount (those times) .

So me and my friend decided to take one and headed to Majestic Bus Station one fine day..

( If you are a Banglorean you would know the places I meniton )..

We caught a rick to Majestic and on the way we noticed the unusual traffic on the road.
but left any doubt of any other incident since it was office hours and hence the traffic...

While taking the photo for the bus pass, the guy who issues the pass asked us about our resdience.When he heard abt Indira Nagar, he told us
"Oh thats far,you should hurry up , since there will be no transporation to anywhere in the city
as """"""Dr. Rajkumar""""" has been kidnapped by ""Veerappan".

Being a keralite I have hread abt Veerappan obviously ,but about RajKumar not till this day..

He is a veteran actor in the Kannada film Industry.

In an unknown place, not knowing kannada ,dont know the way back , both of us confused what to do.
Saw a cop on the way asked the way to Indira Nagar, just got a discoruaging answer , you cant walk that much..

The week before me and brother came to watch the movie "Border" in the same area.So i knew if we hit M. G road ,we can reach Indira Nagr.

Both of us started walking , somehow reached M.G road form there finally our hostel in Indira Nagar.


The longest walk in my Life "Majestic ->IndiraNagar" . Around 10 kms i guess.

Nevertheless to say , we got the bus pass but it was of no use for another 1 month.

Tough to believe , but Bangalore city was on a halt for 2 weeks.We never had classes for 1 month.

After many years , when he died in 2006, the same situation for 1 week.
I remember my colleagues trying to convince the clinets from abroad , no business would be done as its holidays since a famous actor died.

The introduction of Dr. Rajkumar was indeed a memorable one

2 comments:

  1. My sister studied in St.Annes and even became president of the college in her final year:-).

    Nice to know abt U Deepa:-))!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Refelections.. Great. I was there just for 3 months.
    I opted for MicroBiology and just couldnt stare thru the microscope for the betterment of LIfe..lol.

    ReplyDelete