Friday 9 May 2014

Football World Cup 2014







Its like all of a sudden I woke up from a deep sleep only to realise that football World cup is just a few weeks away. I am one of that kind who turns to become a football fan only when there is a World cup. So I inevitably become a fan once in 4 years. And this time its in Brazil.. yayayay!!! . And I will support a team which has more good looking players. Yes  I am crazy. I know...

Last time it was in SA with Shakira full on.. :) .. I am yet to see this time's official song.
I can remember the events starting from  1994. I remember having a T-shirt with the World cup in 1994. In 1998 it was my first year in Pre-degree where seniors ragged me and asked me to sing 'Un,dos,tre'.. :) ..  2002 I was doing my Bachelor's degree second year and couldn't even watch a single match as we were not allowed to watch television in the hostel. I was staying in a convent hostel and we almost lived a nun's life. 2006 I remember having a conversation with someone through smsing about the whole thing.

And last time in the year 2010, I had come here to Dubai to attend a few job interviews and whenever we switched the television on there was Shakira's belly..And now here I am in the year 2014 writing this very own post and at the same time introspecting my decision to move to Australia...

What would I be doing in the year 2018? Would I be active in this space? Alive and kicking?




No comments:

Post a Comment